SAIER IS A PLATFORM FOR EXCHANGE BETWEEN EDUCATION RESEARCHERS, POLICY MAKERS AND PRACTITIONERS.
The aims of SAIER are to:
- (1) provide a forum for promotion of research and development activities at all levels of education in South Australia,
- (2) provide support and advice to individuals and groups conducting educational research and development,
- (3) maintain an information network for national research and development work in education,
- (4) provide links between research findings and general practice, in order to assist teachers to benefit from the results of research, and
(5) provide liaison and interact cooperatively with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)
Our work in educational research stretches back the late 1920s. Find out more about SAIER and the research seminars.
SAIER is proudly supported by the Australian Council for Educational Research
We organise three events per year at the ACER Adelaide Office. All seminars are free and everyone is welcome to attend.
(1) The Annual John Keeves' Lecture in March.
(2) The Mid Year Seminar in July.
(3) The Spring Seminar Series in September/October.
Ted Sandercock - President
Graham Hardy - Treasurer
Petra Lietz - Secretary
Margaret Scrimgeor - IIER Rep
Upcoming FREE Events
Watch this space for details about The John Keeves Lecture in March/April 2017.
Ass. Prof. Craig Lockwood
Knowledge Translation: Questions asked and lessons learnt from Health Sciences
Dr Jared Campbell
Ass. Prof. Craig Lockwood
Date: Tuesday 13 September 2016 Time: 7:00 - 8:30pm Where: ACER Adelaide Office Parking: Flinders Street; Roper Street Car Parks
This seminar will explore knowledge translation through the JBI programs and activities and provide insights into: - How implementation for policy and practice is developed from evidence - The evidence related to effective implementation strategies - Why implementation should be a priority for agencies, including ACER - Use case study examples from clinical practice and management to illustrate cost efficient implementation with high impact results. Download: flyer | presentation
Register: Juliet.Young-Thornton@acer.edu.au or phone (08) 8206 8600
Visit our SAIER archive of past papers, presentations, photos and more.
visit or get in touch
c/o Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER),
186B Pulteney Street,
Adelaide, S.A. 5000
TEL: +61 (08) 8206 8600
FAX: +61 (08) 8206 8602
New Members welcome
Applications for membership must be made in writing and approved by the
The requirement for membership are a commitment to the aims of the Institute.