SAIER IS A PLATFORM FOR EXCHANGE BETWEEN EDUCATION RESEARCHERS, POLICY MAKERS AND PRACTITIONERS.
The aims of SAIER are to:
- (1) provide a forum for promotion of research and development activities at all levels of education in South Australia,
- (2) provide support and advice to individuals and groups conducting educational research and development,
- (3) maintain an information network for national research and development work in education,
- (4) provide links between research findings and general practice, in order to assist teachers to benefit from the results of research, and
(5) provide liaison and interact cooperatively with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)
Our work in educational research stretches back the late 1920s. Find out more about SAIER and the research seminars.
SAIER is proudly supported by the Australian Council for Educational Research
We organise three events per year at the ACER Adelaide Office. All seminars are free and everyone is welcome to attend.
(1) The Annual John Keeves' Lecture in March/April.
(2) The Mid Year Seminar in July.
(3) The Spring Seminar Series in September/October.
Ted Sandercock - President
Graham Hardy - Treasurer
Petra Lietz - Secretary
Upcoming FREE Events
School Education - Improvement or Paradigm Shift?
Association of Independent Schools of South Australia (AISSA)
Date: Tuesday 25 July 2017 Time: 7:00 - 8:30pm Where: ACER Adelaide Office Parking: Flinders Street; Roper Street Car Parks
The globalisation of the economy has seen rapid shifts in patterns of employment, most strongly apparent in those advanced economies which have been heavily reliant on manufacturing. Two schools of thought are developing - one school supporting the notion that traditional schooling, more effectively "taught", will enable all students to thrive while others contend that only a radical change in pedagogy and related practices can provide an education which will achieve that result in this "new world". This seminar will canvass a range of questions and answers related to this current dichotomy. Download: flyer Register: Juliet.Young-Thornton@acer.edu.au or phone (08) 8206 8600
Visit our SAIER archive of past papers, presentations, photos and more.
visit or get in touch
c/o Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER),
186B Pulteney Street,
Adelaide, S.A. 5000
TEL: +61 (08) 8206 8600
FAX: +61 (08) 8206 8602
New Members welcome
Applications for membership must be made in writing and approved by the
The requirement for membership are a commitment to the aims of the Institute.