SAIER IS A PLATFORM FOR EXCHANGE BETWEEN EDUCATION RESEARCHERS, POLICY MAKERS AND PRACTITIONERS.
The aims of SAIER are to:
- (1) provide a forum for promotion of research and development activities at all levels of education in South Australia,
- (2) provide support and advice to individuals and groups conducting educational research and development,
- (3) maintain an information network for national research and development work in education,
- (4) provide links between research findings and general practice, in order to assist teachers to benefit from the results of research, and
(5) provide liaison and interact cooperatively with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)
Our work in educational research stretches back the late 1920s. Find out more about SAIER and the research seminars.
SAIER is proudly supported by the Australian Council for Educational Research
We organise three events per year at the ACER Adelaide Office. All seminars are free and everyone is welcome to attend.
(1) The Annual John Keeves' Lecture in March/April.
(2) The Mid Year Seminar in July.
(3) The Spring Seminar Series in September/October.
Ted Sandercock - President
Petra Lietz - Secretary
Katherine Dix - Treasurer
Upcoming FREE Events
Scientists and Mathematicians in Schools
Association of Independent Schools of South Australia (AISSA)
Date: Tuesday 19 Sept 2017 Time: 7:00 - 8:30pm Where: ACER Adelaide Office Parking: Flinders Street; Roper Street Car Parks
This seminar will describe some of CSIRO's national programs for schools including; STEM Professionals in Schools, Creativity in Research, Engineering, Science and Technology (CREST), Digital Careers and Sustainable Futures. The seminar will show how connecting STEM professionals with teachers through the STEM Professionals in Schools program provides access to real-world experiences in STEM, and how program impact is to be evaluated by embedding monitoring and evaluation into CSIRO's working practice. Download: flyer Register: Juliet.Young-Thornton@acer.edu.au or phone (08) 8206 8600
Visit our SAIER archive of past papers, presentations, photos and more.
visit or get in touch
c/o Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER),
186B Pulteney Street,
Adelaide, S.A. 5000
TEL: +61 (08) 8206 8600
FAX: +61 (08) 8206 8602
New Members welcome
Please support the good work of the South Australian Institute for Educational Research (SAIER) by becoming a member.
Download Membership form here.